Finding the Best Office Space for Your Law Office
Here at Intelligent Office, many of our members are lawyers who run their firms from our virtual office spaces. They join us when they realize all of the benefits that come with our private office spaces, like low overhead and prestige from a well-known business address.
If you’re a lawyer who has ever thought about trying virtual office space for your practice, it’s important to find the right fit for your firm. Every virtual office space is different, and here are the top five signs you’ve found the perfect office for your law firm.
When you find a space that ticks all of these boxes, you’ll know you’ve found the perfect place to hang your hat (and crank out billable hours).
1. You can envision yourself working productively from the virtual office space.
You probably already know what type of working environment boosts your productivity, so look for that in your new virtual office space.
Some people are spurred to action in a lively, open office. Others prefer a private, distraction-free spot with a door to close.
Figure out what works best for you, then seek out those types of rentable office spaces. Don’t stop searching until you find a virtual office space that inspires you to hunker down and focus on that next legal brief or trial preparation period.
If you’re looking for a distraction-free zone, schedule a tour at an IO location near you. Our members do socialize and collaborate. We’re also a bunch that appreciates peace and quiet, because we’ve got work to do.
2. You can’t wait for clients to see your new office.
In the legal world, image and prestige matter. The right office space will help your law firm’s professionalism and competence stand out, and you’ll be proud to invite clients to your office.
With the right address, your small firm can even project a Big Law image, no matter how big you actually are — or where you’re located.
3. The virtual office space’s team understands the unique needs of lawyers.
It takes a village to raise a business, and the right virtual office space will understand what a law firm needs to thrive.
Lawyers have unique needs. Any virtual office space you consider renting should be staffed by people who understand those needs. Your new office space should have:
- Professional receptionists who greet clients warmly.
- A commitment to client confidentiality.
- Conference and meeting rooms where mediations and other important meetings can be held.
Fortunately, Intelligent Office understands what lawyers like you need.
4. The virtual office provider has additional services to help grow your law firm.
You need more than office space to grow your law firm. The best virtual office spaces will have an array of additional amenities to support your ambitions.
Every space offers different services, so we’ll just speak for ourselves. At Intelligent Office, these are some of the most popular on-demand services that members use to lower their overhead and focus on what matters most:
- Hourly conference room rentals equipped with everything you need to run a meeting.
- Administrative services, like virtual assistant support, mail handling and phone answering.
- Notary and witnessing services.
- Access to printers, scanners and other essential office tools.
- Flex Spaces where members can book a reservation for office space and conference rooms as the need arises.
5. The price is right.
The best feature of virtual office spaces might just be the price. With a virtual office, you can grab the space when you need it and stop paying for it when you don’t.
Your membership will provide access to a turnkey office, with all of the amenities you need (and zero office management or IT headaches.)
Compared to the cost of a traditional office lease, it’s a no-brainer for any law firm that wants to keep its overhead costs under control.