What is a virtual office?
Simply put, a virtual office is a physical location that allows you and your business to operate remotely while having a professional business front and presence; it fully (or partially) eliminates the physical components of an entire office, such as space, staff, and equipment. It is designed with small to medium-sized businesses and their owners in mind to lower their overhead costs, provide administrative support with a local team, and encourage them to focus on their business.
The virtual office concept was first commercialized by Ralph Gregory, the founder of Intelligent Office, in 1995.
The three main components of a virtual office are:
- A legitimate, professional business address to receive mail, use for important documents such as taxes, and put on your marketing materials.
- A fully-serviced and all-inclusive suite to meet with clients.
- A complete administrative team that can take calls, schedule appointments, screen, and route calls to you, perform routine tasks, and more.
What are the advantages of using a virtual office?
- Lower overhead cost: A traditional office requires leasing office space, setting it up, hiring a full-time receptionist/assistant, buying equipment, handling multiple vendors, maintaining the space, and more! All of these everyday tasks can be expensive and take up your valuable time when you could be focusing on other crucial aspects of your business. A virtual office is all-inclusive and is cheaper than a traditional office space, staff, and equipment. By pooling resources with other like-minded individuals, you can still get the benefits of a physical office without paying for it full-time.
- Exude professionalism: A virtual office can immediately boost your business image. Friendly and professional administrative assistants convey an established business presence and ensure that your clients are treated well. Meeting clients in a professional, upscale office environment conducive to meetings shows that you value the client’s privacy, comfort, and time—a good address commands respect and projects success for the business.
- Improve productivity and work/life balance: Our complete administrative staff members can do routine business tasks, which frees up time for you to focus on the important stuff; work, family, health, or other commitments.
- Enhanced flexibility: Our services are à la carte—you pay for only what you use. As your business grows, we can grow with you as well. You don’t need to be locked into a long-term lease (typically, at least three years) for a traditional office.
- Quick setup: Whether starting a new business or testing a new market, a virtual office can help get your business or satellite location up and running in record time.
How much does using a virtual office cost?
Our packages start at $85 per month. However, every business is different, and we customize a package based on your needs after an initial consultation. Call 301-519-8000 to learn more, or schedule a time to come to our office for a free tour and consultation. There is no risk in getting a consultation–you’ll only get more helpful information to make an essential decision for your business.