Here are six simple rules to follow to guide you and your team. If you want the edge on your competition, follow these for success.
- PEOPLE BEFORE PAPERWORK - Paper won't walk away, but the customer might.
- DON'T BE TOO BUSY TO BE NICE - Being busy is not permission to be rude
- RUSHING THREATENS CUSTOMERS - Don't be cold and unfriendly. Make the experience great.
- DO NOT USE COMPANY JARGON ON CUSTOMERS - Just because you understand doesn't mean they do.
- BE FRIENDLY BEFORE YOU KNOW WHO IT IS - Don't discriminate. Deliver the same great service to all.
- "THERE YA GO" IS NOT "THANK YOU" AND "UH HUH" IS NOT "YOU'RE WELCOME" - Show clearly that you appreciate the customer's business