Help Your Company Host a Contest with these Top Apps
Does your company want to run a contest, raffle, sweepstakes or giveaway? One of the best ways to promote your contest is via an app. An app can be easily utilized to allow contest participants to enter their name, vote, or leave comments. Additionally, picking a random winner for a contest, raffle, sweepstakes or giveaway is made easy with an app.
Years ago, it was often time-consuming, complicated and expensive for a company to host a contest. But today, it's quite easy to facilitate many different types of contests because an app can be implemented on many platforms in a matter of minutes (or even seconds!).
Following are several examples of apps that can be used to facilitate your company's contest, raffle, sweepstakes or giveaway:
- Wishpond - This app is designed to make it simple to run photo contests, sweepstakes, and other types of contests on websites, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Woobox - Easily collect contest entries and pick winners with the Woobox sweepstakes and giveaway app.
- Rafflecopter - Rafflecopter allows any type of company to simply launch and manage many types of giveaways.
- ViralSweep - It's possible to launch a contest in minutes with ViralSweep.
- PromoSimple - This app allows a company to design custom contest entry forms, promote their social media venues, and easily keep track of contest results.
- Heyo - This is a free app that allows a company to publish its contests to news feeds and Facebook.
- RandomPicker - RandomPicker can be used to select winners for raffles, giveaways, or any other type of contest.
Why Run a Contest, Raffle, Sweepstakes or Giveaway?
Any type of contest that makes your current or potential customers believe they might win something that will benefit them is an excellent marketing tool. Once you launch your contest, you will find that many entrants will share information about your contest with their social media circles. Not only will this generate additional contest entries, but it will also spread information about your company and it will endorse your brand.
Additionally, collecting personal information from contest entrants can prove to be quite beneficial in the long run. When you gather information such as mailing addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and other types of personal information, you can use the data to reach your target market with future marketing campaigns.
The Cost of a Contest
The cost of utilizing an app to facilitate your contest, raffle, sweepstakes or contest can be held to a minimum. Therefore, the real price of your promotion is the value of the prize you will give to the winner (any any shipping costs - if applicable). Essentially, when a giveaway receives significant attention from your company's current and/or potential customer base, it can be well worth the dollar value of the prize.
Many of today's available contest apps are reasonably priced (and some are free), allow a company to customize its contest rules, are easy to implement, and are designed to select a random winner. It's difficult to go wrong when you use a contest as part of your overall marketing and promotions strategy.