Why Short-Term Office Rentals Are Better Than Traditional Office Leases
For many small businesses, especially boot-strapped companies, traditional commercial office leases have more downsides than benefits:
- They’re expensive.
- Standard lease terms are long, oftentimes at least three years. Breaking the lease can be impossible or costly.
- The business is responsible for furnishing and decorating the space.
- Equipment like printers, scanners, fax machines, conference phones, projectors, white boards and other essential tools must also be supplied.
- It can be hard to find the right sized space, especially for solopreneur or small businesses who don’t need much space.
Short-term leases, on the other hand, are perfect for small businesses, startups and growing companies that need flexibility. With these office rentals, it’s possible to rent professional office space by the hour, day, week, month or longer.
Most office rental providers have a variety of spaces, from private executive office suites and standalone offices to shared coworking spaces. Rentable meeting rooms and common areas, like the reception area and kitchen, are shared with fellow members of the space.
These flexible office leases also allow companies to move in quickly and efficiently. That means companies like yours will have little downtime when transitioning into a new space. You can get to work right away, since equipment, furniture, decor and other amenities are provided.
Clearly, if you’re on the hunt for flexible and affordable office space, a short-term office lease can be the ideal solution. Read on to learn when a short-term office rental makes sense, plus tips on how you can find the best space for your needs.
When does it make sense to rent a short-term office?
Short-term office spaces make sense for one-on-one meetings, seasonal projects and more. Here are some examples of how the Intelligent Office (IO) community has utilized our virtual office spaces:
- Startup business owners have used hourly meeting room rentals to impress potential investors.
- A hospital HR director booked an executive office suite to interview job candidates away from the hectic hospital.
- Every year, CPAs use IO meeting rooms and office spaces to process and file client tax returns.
No matter what you need to get done, a short-term office rental can help.
Short-term virtual office space in the U.S. and Canada
Providers like IO also have virtual offices throughout the U.S. and Canada. Renting office space from a company with multiple locations gives you the freedom to work from any office within the network, which can be invaluable for professionals who need to spend time in multiple spots.
When you’re ready to find a space, visit this page to search for an IO location near you. Once you find the right office, get in touch and we’ll help you schedule a visit.